Beginnings

August 31, 2015

It’s taken a long time to get this site up. Not because it was difficult but because I’ve been looking for right setup. I had a WordPress site for a little while, but I feel it was overkill. I don’t blog that much, and I wanted a little more control over the layout and theming. So, I had thought of doing just a static webpage. I’ve done it before, but that takes a lot of work.

Then I found some static web site generators. That’s what I’ve been looking for! It seems like the two main ones are: Jekyll and Hugo. Not entirely sure why, but I’ve ended up going with Hugo. It was easy to install and setup. There are not a lot of themes available, but the Go templating of Hugo, its file structure, and straightforwardness of the themes all make it easy to adjust things as you want them.